Sunday, August 12, 2012

Easiest Skirt Ever



Wanted to share a very easy skirt to make, definitely beginner level sewing.

Take a rectangle of cotton fabric (clearly I'm really loving chevron lately) and cut into a rectangle. The width should be your waist measurement x 1.5, and the length can be as long or short as you like + 3 inches for hemming/waistband. 

Make the waistband by hemming the top of the skirt a quarter inch and then making a "pocket" for the elastic (i.e. I used a 1.5 inch wide elastic, so I made a 1.5 inch "pocket". Slip the elastic in, using a safety pin to help guide it through.

Here is a close up. 
















Sew the skirt together, this will be the middle of the back of the skirt (I tried so hard to line up the chevron perfectly, but oh well...) Then, hem to your desired length and top stitch that bitch!
Yet another close up.




















This skirt takes in total about 20 minutes, I think I will make a million of them. And you can even dance in it!




No comments:

Post a Comment