Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Color Block Chiffon Shirt



Here's my first tutorial! Again, I am self-taught and in no way perfect, so no hating!
I used two nice and light chiffon fabrics- one lavender purple and some leftover teal I had from some curtains I had made a while back.
1. First, I sewed a long section of the teal and a larger section of the lavender (I wanted the shirt to be mostly lavender).

2. Fold the fabric in half, and use one of your favorite fitting shirts to make a pattern. I used a thrift store shirt that is loose and bat-wing like. Cut and sew that sucker up!












3. Don't forget to finish the edges because chiffon can be fray-tastic. I used lavender string all over, I thought it looked nice contrasting with the teal. Sew everything here nice and slow, even when you are careful it can be a little messy:

4. And there you go, here it is on a person:

Easy breezy shirt... and now I can match the curtains!

No comments:

Post a Comment